Skip to content
Ten questions for ten creatives
- What do you do for a living?
I shoot and edit films for Axisweb and I’m a photographer as well.
- What was the path that led you to do what you do now?
I’ve always been a film buff so making films seemed like a logical step. I was also excited when the first DSLRs that could shoot video came out a few years ago, which meant you could achieve a ‘film’ aesthetic on a budget.
- What did you want to be when you were at school?
I had absolutely no idea!
- What one piece of advice would you give your younger self?
Go to film or photography school and get into it all a lot sooner.
- What do you like my most about your job?
Filming interviews with artists and other creatives and finding out about what they do. I also like editing films which is quite a solitary activity.
- What do you find most challenging?
The editing process is the most challenging; having to sort through all of the footage and piece it together so it all makes sense. It’s also the most rewarding when you see it all come together.
- What’s your favourite song (at the moment)?
Elastic Heart by Sia.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
Anywhere/everywhere in Italy.
- Name three things that you always take with you to work on an average day.
My phone, a bottle of water and an under-ripe banana.
- Tell us a joke or a secret.
I like eating burnt toast.